Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 3: The Keep's Little Brother [D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop]

The first Dungeon I ran as a DM (the second part of today's question)is incidentally still my favourite dungeon EVER: Rappan Athuk. But I wrote a bit about it end of last year during the 30 Day Challenge. For the new and uninitiated, the post is here. And now a short one about the first part of the question ...

The first Dungeon I explored as a player-character.

On rare occasions I have the opportunity to be a player in our regular group. One such occasion was years after we started to play D&D. At the time we had already migrated to HackMaster. I felt a bit like playing and one of our players felt a bit like giving HackMaster a spin or two. He chose one of the modules available, prepared it and we had two wonderful sessions playing the HackMaster variant of the legendary Keep on the Borderlands:

At least some eye candy is this post ...
It really was the first time I experienced a classic dungeon module as a player. And I loved it! We kicked some serious ass and got as far as fighting some Hobgoblins. But we never got a chance to finish it, which is a shame. Some day, maybe.

If you ever get a chance to check out the "hacked" version of the Keep, don't hesitate to do so. The HackMaster books are a treat. Maybe I should compare the two versions some time ...

This is a Blog Hop - So get hopping!

Stelios V. Perdios is hosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent developments made it necessary to moderate posts again. Sorry about that, folks.